Technical Services Assistant
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx is a high growth organisation. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
This role is permanent/full-time and will be based at our Arbroath facility, reporting to the Operations Manager.
The Technical Services Assistant will play a key part in the successful operations of the UK distribution entity. Your key role is to provide Tier 1 technical support of the highest quality to our customers and sales team. You will manage and respond to all new Tier 1 technical enquiries and escalate enquiries/complaints to Tier 2 as required. You will act as a liaison between the customers and technical services, providing technical support and excellent customer service. You will work closely with the technical services manager and technical services representative in a high performing technical services team.
Key areas of responsibility
- Provide Tier 1 technical support to customers using LumiraDx products and services
- Log customer technical support communication in NetSuite Case Management
- Handle and fact-find customer technical enquiries, suggestions and complaints through NetSuite; keeping accurate records of discussions and correspondence
- Identify, investigate and resolve Tier 1 technical enquiries
- Respond to customer technical enquiries promptly
- Escalate enquiries/complaints to Tier 2 promptly, providing all necessary information
- Gather additional information from customers as part of the investigation process
- Participate in complaint investigations (Tier 1)
- Communicate escalated case resolutions, passed down by Tier 2, to the customers
- Handle customer Instrument returns or failures (Tier 1)
- Facilitate the Platform evaluation process with Customer Services and Sales Support
- Support Sales Team training on products and services as requested
- Keep current with company products and objectives
- Achieve SLAs and any company targets
- Perform all processes in accordance with Corporate and Local QMS
- Support the Quality Team with the preparation, review and continued development of QMS procedures and work instructions as appropriate
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Technical Services Assistant along with the following:
- Prior experience in the technical services environment
- Solid phone contact handling skills and active listening
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters
- Attention to detail and organisational skills
- Strong team worker
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and manage time effectively
- Strong IT skills – ability to use Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
- Problem-solving skills
- Listening skills, to understand exactly what customers require
- Confidence, patience, politeness, tact and diplomacy, when dealing with difficult situations
- An ability to work well under pressure
- A positive attitude even in challenging situations
- Flexibility, resilience and adaptability
- Experience of delivering technical support using digital technology such as Teams or Zoom to customers and Sales Team
- Experience of supporting or working as part of a high performing Technical Services Team
- Experience of supporting customer focused solutions based on customer requirements
- Experience of supporting technical queries involving multiple stakeholders
At LumiraDx, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. LumiraDx is committed to inclusion across race, colour, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or identity. We celebrate uniqueness and believe diversity drives innovation. LumiraDx seeks to deliver high quality, affordable medical diagnostics and healthcare services accessible to everyone around the world, and we wish to reflect a global multi-cultural approach across our business
Please note, if you wish to submit an application for this role, please consider the following information
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you are an internal candidate, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, you may be subject to all or some of the LumiraDx standard pre-employment checks.
Criminal records data is processed as part of our recruitment and selection processes and, where necessary, in the course of employment, we verify that candidates are suitable for employment or continued employment to comply with legal and regulatory obligations to which the company is subject.
LumiraDx place a high level of importance on its responsibilities for information security and privacy and have put in place an information security management system to ensure that the company and its staff maintain the highest standards with respect to data protection and information security. All staff are responsible for information security and therefore must understand and comply with the Company information security policies, procedures and guidance.
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLY