LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx is a high growth organisation. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
Reporting to the local site procurement manager you will be responsible primarily for strategic spend, inventory management, cost savings and processing MRP messages to ensure availability for the production schedule.
Your focus will be on critical raw materials and managing their supply chains whilst endorsing and promoting strategic procurement strategies including minimising scrap, implementing inventory control, minimising risk and driving cost / efficiency savings.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage Strategic Commodity Spend and whole supply chain associated
- Maintain for production continuous material availability whilst monitoring inventory levels to optimise company cash flow
- Ability to investigate, root cause and implement strategies to avoid repeat occurrence of shortages which impact production schedule
- Negotiate pricing and terms with suppliers for supply of Goods and Services
- Monitor Supplier Performance via Quality Compliance, On-time delivery and supplier responsiveness via scorecards and Supplier face to face meetings
- Identify and support Procurement Manager with any Risk Mitigation activities to minimise impact to business and maintain business and customer continuity
- Continue to identify areas for opportunity for team to ensure Continuous Improvement within Procurement function and drive and participate in cross functional teams to implement, track, monitor and quantify benefit
- Maintain any specifications pertinent to commodity area are current and reflective of current Quality System Requirements
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who can demonstrate success of working in a fast paced, dynamic manufacturing environment along with the following experience and qualifications:
- Previous supply chain experience is essential
- HND / Degree qualified OR ability to provide significant career experience within supply chain
- Experience of MRP (Material Planning Requirements) systems
- Strong analytical and numeric skills along with experience of data mining and report generation
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- New product sourcing experience
- Previous evidence of implementing change control projects
- Good Microsoft Office Skills
At LumiraDx, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. LumiraDx is committed to inclusion across race, colour, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or identity. We celebrate uniqueness and believe diversity drives innovation. LumiraDx seeks to deliver high quality, affordable medical diagnostics and healthcare services accessible to everyone around the world, and we wish to reflect a global multi-cultural approach across our business.
Please note, if you wish to submit an application for this role, please consider the following information
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you are an internal candidate, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, you may be subject to all or some of the LumiraDx standard pre-employment checks.
Criminal records data is processed as part of our recruitment and selection processes and, where necessary, in the course of employment, we verify that candidates are suitable for employment or continued employment to comply with legal and regulatory obligations to which the company is subject.
LumiraDx place a high level of importance on its responsibilities for information security and privacy and have put in place an information security management system to ensure that the company and its staff maintain the highest standards with respect to data protection and information security. All staff are responsible for information security and therefore must understand and comply with the Company information security policies, procedures and guidance.
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLY