Building Services Engineer
Eurocentral - Full Time - Monday to Friday 8:30am - 5:30pm (although some flexibility will be required)
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing, and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx is a high growth organization. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused, and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
LumiraDx is looking for a qualified and experienced Building Services Engineer to support our new facility in Eurocentral, near Motherwell. Some traveling may be required between sites at times but this would be infrequent, 25% or less as a guide.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the buildings and their services are maintained for the day-to-day and future running of the LumiraDx facilities at Eurocentral. Although we operate within core working hours, the nature of this role will at times require you to have a flexible approach to working hours.
You will be part of the Facilities department, developing and supporting the facilities function of the business and working closely with the H&S Environmental department, and the Engineering Maintenance personnel.
Key Responsibilities of this role will be:
- Carry out all M&E, handyman, plumbing, building fabric, and facilities maintenance across the sites.
- Undertaking Portable Apparatus Testing, Emergency Lights, Fire Alarm testing, and maintaining all statutory testing records.
- Undertake and record results of plant checks as instructed to perform.
- Undertaking cleaning audits as required.
- Understand and respond to health and safety matters in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Move furniture and heavy items from location to location on-site as required.
- Ensure all common parts of the site including refuse and recycling facilities are frequently. inspected and maintained to the highest standards of repair and cleanliness.
- Accompany external contractors whilst on site in line with key management and access to accommodation policies and practice.
- Executing maintenance tasks via the GAS CMMS
- Identify critical spare parts, establishing and holding main stock
- Support implementation and execute the facility validation activities
- Ensure all sites remain safe and secure, working with the EHS team as and when required.
- Maintain the highest standards of safety, security, quality, customer service, and environmental control ensuring compliance with all LumiraDx policies and procedures and meeting all local statutory requirements.
- Plan and organize work in accordance with the overall project and provide the lead on 1 to 2 small facility projects
- Support Engineering Dept with equipment breakdowns and support with advising on maintenance schedules
From a compliance perspective:
- Adhere to GxP and work within the company QMS.
- Identify validation risks and their likely impact (i.e. understand the impact of equipment modifications on validation).
- Ensure appropriate audit trails exist.
- Maintain and update records.
Key Attributes you will have:
- Ability to identify faults and make decisions on repairs and contractor support
- You will be self-driven, like to take ownership, and demonstrate high levels of personal accountability
- You'll be naturally motivated to complete the goals and objectives
- You'll strive to deliver an outstanding customer experience for all internal stakeholders
You'll be a highly motivated individual who can demonstrate your knowledge, aptitude and skills, including problem-solving as we continue our expansion along the M8 Corridor.
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role. A broad range of fault-finding experience, including; lighting, HVAC, hot and cold-water systems. Practical plant and facilities experience in an electrical and/or mechanical environment. Own transport and valid driving licence.
- Relevant City & Guilds, BTEC National qualification, ONC qualification, apprenticeship, or equivalent experience in an electrical/mechanical engineering discipline. Possess a full electrical qualification (17/18th Edition)
At LumiraDx, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. LumiraDx is committed to inclusion across race, colour, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, or identity. We celebrate uniqueness and believe diversity drives innovation. LumiraDx seeks to deliver high-quality, affordable medical diagnostics and healthcare services accessible to everyone around the world, and we wish to reflect a global multi-cultural approach across our business.
Please note, if you wish to submit an application for this role, please consider the following information:
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you are an internal candidate, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, you may be subject to all or some of the LumiraDx standard pre-employment checks.
Criminal records data is processed as part of our recruitment and selection processes and, where necessary, in the course of employment, we verify that candidates are suitable for employment or continued employment to comply with legal and regulatory obligations to which the company is subject.
LumiraDx places a high level of importance on its responsibilities for information security and privacy and has put in place an information security management system to ensure that the company and its staff maintain the highest standards with respect to data protection and information security. All staff are responsible for information security and therefore must understand and comply with the Company's information security policies, procedures, and guidance.
To apply for this Job, please click APPLY