LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx is a high growth organisation. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
You will be working 12 hour shifts from 7am to 7pm on a 2/3/2 shift pattern in a 365 day Manufacturing Operation. Please note that shift patterns will be dependent on business needs.
An experienced process technician or one in the earlier stages of career who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our company.
As a Shift Process Technician you will work closely with the production team and will become highly skilled and competent in all aspects of manufacturing (e.g. line operation, processes and procedures). Be able to diagnose product and process issues quickly and effectively using a logical approach. Support and drive continuous improvement initiatives while ensuring the highest levels of quality and productivity are maintained. Analyse manufacturing data and conduct product / process testing to ensure CTQs are met.
- Work in close collaboration with manufacturing operators and engineers to become highly competent in manufacturing line operation, processes and procedures
- Support monitoring of product and process data using statistical analysis techniques
- Quick and effective diagnosis and troubleshooting of problems using a methodical approach and report progress in a structured way
- Conduct CTQ testing and material / product analysis techniques
- Investigate and resolve non-conformances / quality events and help develop robust OCAP’s and preventative measures
- Support NPD projects through transfer of pilot work to high volume manufacture
- Support validation activities and completion of validation documentation in line with business needs
- Help drive continuous improvement initiatives through engagement of production team on shift
- Ensures highest levels of quality and compliance are maintained
- Be open to self-development and the development of others to enhance value add and career progression
- Investigate, root cause and resolve non-conformances / quality events.
- Ensure changes to process and specifications meet quality standards and are documented appropriately
- Adhere to all relevant quality and regulatory requirements
- A hands-on Process Technician with a good level of relevant industry experience (preferably medical device related)
- Experience of optimising product and processes
- High level of computer literacy in MS Office, Excel
- Team player and takes accountability for any manufacturing challenges
- Analyse production data and conduct process / product analysis to ensure CTQs are met
- Strong problem-solving skills and sense of urgency
- GxP experience
- Detail orientated and ensures highest levels of quality and productivity are maintained on a daily basis
- Competent in documentation and report writing
- Process Excellence Green or Black Belt
- Preferably Degree qualified
- Experience in rotary converting and / or reel to reel printing (rotary screen / flexographic etc.) additional advantage
- Knowledge of Statistical Analysis methods / techniques
- Experience of using CAD software
At LumiraDx, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. LumiraDx is committed to inclusion across race, colour, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or identity. We celebrate uniqueness and believe diversity drives innovation. LumiraDx seeks to deliver high quality, affordable medical diagnostics and healthcare services accessible to everyone around the world, and we wish to reflect a global multi-cultural approach across our business
Please note, if you wish to submit an application for this role, please consider the following information
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you are an internal candidate, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, you may be subject to all or some of the LumiraDx standard pre-employment checks.
Criminal records data is processed as part of our recruitment and selection processes and, where necessary, in the course of employment, we verify that candidates are suitable for employment or continued employment to comply with legal and regulatory obligations to which the company is subject.
LumiraDx place a high level of importance on its responsibilities for information security and privacy and have put in place an information security management system to ensure that the company and its staff maintain the highest standards with respect to data protection and information security. All staff are responsible for information security and therefore must understand and comply with the Company information security policies, procedures and guidance.
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLY