LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx is a high growth organisation. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
Compliance Counsel - Remote based across the UK
Permanent / Full time
To support the development of the Compliance Program and advise on a wide range of compliance matters including but not limited to those involving the UK Anti-Bribery Act, US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, Anti-Slavery Act, as well as other global ethics and compliance laws and regulations. Primary responsibility for ensuring that the company exercises due diligence and sound internal controls to operate with integrity and protect against legal risk. Broad responsibility and accountability for legal advice related to compliance matters for LumiraDx Limited and its subsidiaries.
- Keep informed of relevant legal developments as they occur and analyse their applicability to the company’s activities and objectives
- Review company policies and practices on a regular basis to ensure that all are in compliance
- Review proposed action plans to ensure compliance
- Develop and implement employee training plan
- Develop and implement mechanisms for detecting, reporting and correcting violations so as to ensure minimal impact and optimal correction
- Recommend corporate policies and strategies that promote the company’s goals while complying with regulations
- Prepare for the possibility of audits and investigations by developing strategies, maintaining records and designing procedures
- Assist in the management of the company hotline
- Supervise and manage outside counsel
- Ensure compliance with compliance laws and regulations
- Ensure compliance with LumiraDx’s Code of Conduct and other internal policies as applicable
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with exceptional attention to detail and high level of skills in communication, along with the following skills and experience:
- Previous relevant compliance experience; in-house public company experience preferred, in the diagnostics, pharmaceutical, biotechnology and/or life sciences industry.
- Law degree and/or equivalent training in compliance
- Highly proficient knowledge of compliance regulations, including the UK Anti-bribery Act, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, Anti-Slavery Act and other anti-corruption laws.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment with a proven track record of taking initiative, working proactively and being resourceful.
- Effective written and oral communication skills and ability to work with senior management, other departments, and all levels of employees.
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLY