Quality Control Technician
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx currently has over 500 employees worldwide. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
Due to growth we are looking for an experienced Quality Control Technician to join our Product Assurance team on a permanent basis – 4 day working week.
Reporting to the Quality Control Team Leader, you will be responsible for the routine testing of patient samples collected at clinical sites to support manufacture, development and improvement of an in vitro diagnostic device.
- Set up and operation of diagnostic equipment to analyse patient samples at a clinical site.
- Data recording and reporting of clinical data.
- Supporting laboratory investigations by recording and reporting anomalous results.
- Processing and dispatch of samples for referencing on external equipment.
- Use and maintenance of general laboratory and reference equipment.
- Adherence to GLP and GMP.
- Accurate and timely completion of batch records.
- Follow existing work instructions, protocols and reports.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual that can demonstrate flexibility and a can do attitude along with the following:
- Background in science with experience of working in a quality control environment is essential.
- Experience of analytical testing and working at clinical sites would be advantageous.
- Must be computer literate (Word and Excel as minimum).
- Knowledge of working with biohazards would also be useful for this role.
- Demonstrate the ability to solve problems under conditions of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Able to think strategically in times of pressure to drive towards the best solution.
- Able to travel between company sites as needed (not expected to be frequent).
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLYAPPLY