Senior Buyer Planner
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx currently has over 450 employees worldwide. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
Based on our Alloa site, this role is an integral part of the Operations team, reporting directly to the Supply Chain Manager. As a NetSuite expert, you will be responsible for all production planning, purchasing, and supplier management activities for all components of the Lumira Dx platform to ensure all business targets are achieved in terms of cost, quality, and delivery. You will have line management and development responsibilities for the buyers/planners.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide expertise in NetSuite ERP system
- Ensure material availability to enable on-time product delivery
- Review and Improve purchasing procedures and systems to ensure materials and services are delivered on time and within cost.
- Develop strategic relations and supplier partnerships with key suppliers
- Maintain a high level of control within the planning function including all activities from allocation of Work Orders, Raw Material consumption and the receipt of Finished Product prior to shipping.
- Develop and Manage the Master Production Schedule to meet customer and business needs.
- Run regular production meetings to manage production schedules and output.
- Implement effective Planning processes to ensure accurate Work Order creation and demand fulfillment.
- Maintaining all electronic systems and documentation in accordance with SOP’s to ensure compliance.
- Support continuous improvement activities within the Supply Chain to improve performance and drive down costs.
- Line management and development of buyers and planners
- Develop training programmes for supply chain and other Lumira employees as required.
- Develop KPI’s across the supply chain group
- Experience in using Netsuite
- Proven experience of working in a similar role.
- Experience of working in a quality driven highly regulated manufacturing environment.
- Assertive, resilient and able to adapt to change in a fast paced environment.
- Attention to detail and with a high level of accuracy.
- Experience in data management including a working understanding of KPIs and metrics.
- Proven experience in managing and developing people.
- Experience in using an ERP system.
- Planning experience in a fast paced Medical Device environment.
- Lean Manufacturing (5S) is beneficial.
- EH&S Awareness.