Production Manager (Cartoning & Kitting)
Eurocentral / Stirling / Bathgate
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx is a high growth organization. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
- Lead production schedules, process improvements and quality activities
- Ensure sufficient capacity (people, materials & equipment) is in place for the manufacturing area and resource planning activities are effectively managed to deliver operational requirements
- Ensure all relevant SOP’s, work Instructions and related documentation are in place and fully compliant
- Regular reporting of material usage and stock levels to the Supply Chain team within LumiraDx
- Maintain and improve the SSL Quality System whilst pro-actively supporting Compliance and GMP
- Ensure process and material changes are validated
- Implement process performance monitoring and reporting
- Use a recognised/ best practice approaches to all problem solving and report progress in a structured way
- Develop, monitor and then take action on relevant KPI’s (Lagging and Leading) to drive the operational performance of Cartoning & Kitting in line with business objectives.
- Set and meet agreed production targets and undertake root case investigation of production problems and ensure continuous improvements are implemented.
- Ensure equipment and process validation is achieved in a timely and compliant manner.
- Ensure effective New Product Introductions into Cartoning & Kitting Operations.
- Establish and maintain activities and standards to ensure compliance with HS&E and ensure a safe working environment at all times
- Ensure all operational aspects and documentation are fully compliant with QMS requirements.
- Lead and set the standard by which others should follow with an audit ready everyday mentality.
- Create an environment that acknowledges and pro-actively supports all compliance aspects
- Regular collaboration and communication with other key areas of the business such as Supply Chain, Customer Services and Q.A / Q.C to ensure Cartoning & Kitting operations are continuously aligned with overall business objectives and output delivery.
- Collaboration with Engineering teams on tactical operational requirements and Continuous Improvement activities
- Regular communications to cross-functional forums on Cartoning & Kitting operational performance
- Understand business goals and set agree and deliver appropriate goals within team.
- Able to recruit, train and develop large teams at pace including growing and developing effective team leaders
- Act as a role model for colleagues and staff.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to team as required.
- Able to motivate, inspire and persuade large teams over multiple shifts
- Highly motivated individual that can demonstrate flexibility and a can-do attitude.
- Ensures positive, productive and proactive relationships with a range of internal and external key stakeholders.
- Self-driven, takes ownership and demonstrates high levels of personal accountability, and is motivated to complete the goals and objectives
- Can listen and present effectively, providing progress updates and feedback on a regular basis
- Ability to plan and organise work in accordance with the overall objectives and required timelines
- Demonstrates the ability to solve problems under conditions of uncertainty and ambiguity and is able to think strategically in times of pressure to drive toward the best solutions
- Able to travel between company sites as needed (not expected to be frequent)
- Proven experience in relation to Lean Manufacturing with demonstrated ability to identify and implement Continuous Improvement activities and solutions
- Green Belt Certified
- Proven operational leader in a fast pace complex manufacturing environment (ideally medical devices or life sciences)
- Experience of leading in a 365/24/7 environment
- Able to grow and develop high performing teams at pace
- Able to analyse complex problems and be able use their significant experience to present solutions beyond existing options
- Experience in Non-Conformance and CAPA management
- Ability to manage external suppliers/technical partners
- Experience of large scale automated production operations
- IOSH or NBOSH qualification
- Experience in training people on QMS
To apply for the role, please click on the APPLY button to upload your details.