Medical Affairs Specialist
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx is a high growth organisation. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
This role supports the Medical Affairs Team in the delivery of the LumiraDx Medical Affairs Strategy. The key purpose of this role is to provide day to day medical affairs support to the Medical Affairs team with responsibility to input into the development of medical affairs collateral and communications (e.g. white papers, conference abstracts, website materials), providing medical, clinical & scientific external communications in support of the products, technical understanding of the product portfolio, identification and engagement with Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s) and external experts including managing the KOL database.
- Preparation of Medical Affairs materials for commercial support and marketing purposes: e.g. Technical Bulletins, Case Study work up for website implementation, Abstract development for website implementation, working on webinars, congress support as needed
- Maintain the KOL database including links to all contracts and payments
- Maintain the LumiraDx publication database – includes journal papers, white papers, abstracts, posters etc on LumiraDx products.
- Development of materials e.g. Product at a Glance, webcopy, materials to support the commercial team to understand the products, Technical Training decks – help in development and updates
- Congress Calendar Management- Dates for congresses, abstract submissions due, ensuring deadlines are met. Congress summaries/ publication updates for the Company Newsletter
- Identifying appropriate groups/societies we should be part of as we develop the product portfolio
- Initial triage of customer technical enquiries from the commercial teams
- Support commercial technical product training
- Technically understand the LumiraDx Products and how they work
- Assist with customer queries regarding the technical aspects of the LumiraDx products
- Review and keep up to date with published literature relating to LumiraDx’s areas of interest
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with exceptional attention to detail and high level of skills in problem solving and innovation, along with the following experience:
- Bachelors degree in biomedical, life science or healthcare field.
- Previous industry experience in Marketing, Product Management or Medical Affairs in the IVD industry.
- Familiarity with diagnostic industry practices/ guidelines, especially POCT and OTC
- Effective at building relationships and collaborating effectively with KOLs.
- Demonstrated ability of working in a fast-paced, organization that needs to react quickly to changing market demands.
- Good level of comfort with interpreting and communicating complex technical information including statistics and clinical concepts. Can effectively disseminate findings/ key messages to enable product promotion and inspire marketing and sales teams.
- Experience in effective relationship management of KOL networks (including clinical experts. payers, industry bodies, patient organizations).
- Experience of working in clinical trials for point of care tests or self-testing diagnostics for CE marking or FDA approval.
- Established clinical network in POCT.
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLY