LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx currently has over 1,500 employees worldwide. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Software QA & DevOps Integration Manager and working as part of the Instrumentation team, the role will be responsible for maintaining and improving Continuous Integration (CI) platform for the Point of Care (POC) instrument firmware. You will be maintaining and improving build and test infrastructure for the LumiraDx Point of Care (POC) instrument at various stages of the development lifecycle: for individual software subsystems, combined software/hardware subsystems, and the complete instrument, ensuring reliable and speedy operation of Continuous Integration systems.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Maintain and optimize our CI/CD Systems with focus on resiliency, scalability, maintainability, security, and cost
- Research, develop, and deploy creative (but practical) technical solutions to automated integration & testing activities with our various generated application code sources that will be deployed on medical products
- Assist in generation of visualized key performance metrics of our hardware-based CI/CD system
- Ensure test hardware support nodes have reliable uptime and performance for use in the CI/CD system
- Work with team to define and establish the DevOps culture and best practices in the company
- Support Development application integration processes with modern industry tools
- Ensure compliance with LumiraDx internal quality processes and ensure designs / ideas are compliant with appropriate international standards and guidelines (as above)
- Work as part of a Scrum team that is developing infrastructure for the SW team as part of Scaled Agile Framework
- Contribute to continuous improvement by participating in sprint retrospectives
- Suggest best practices for the Devops team
- Review and critique software QMS documentation developed by other team members (requirements, specifications, risk assessments, operating procedures)
- Work closely with developers and testers to understand features being developed and how they fit into the overall solution, and create the infrastructure needed to support them.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives by identifying opportunities and helping to implement them across the wider team
- Degree qualified in software engineering or a closely related discipline OR proven track record of hands-on Continuous Integration, Infrastructure, Support or DevOps roles.
- Good experience working with Python.
- Quickly understanding the needs of a project and being able to ask good questions to fill in the gaps.
- Experience of working with Jenkins, Git and Jira (or similar issue tracking system).
- Ability to use APIs, write scripts to link tools and integrate them.
- Strong Linux knowledge.
- Must have some experience with one or more of the following: Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform, Ansible, Mender, Groovy.
- Demonstrable experience working in a Agile environment e.g. SAFe.
- Experience in test automation
- Experience in building and maintaining CI Pipelines.
- Experience of working in the medical device industry and the application of CE marking directives and applicable device standards.
- Experience in Point of Care and preferably home Medical Device Design.
- Practical experience of the product verification and validation cycle for a medical device.
- Experience of working to ISO 13485 or FDA 21CFR, part 820 (or similar).
- Experience of using Test, Requirements and source code Management Tools.
- Experience of using task tracking tools such as Jira or equivalent.
- Able to use design/debugging tools and instruments (e.g. oscilloscopes, multi-meters, logic analysers, JTAG, IAR IDE, Ethernet, RS232 and USB interfaces).
- A general familiarity with electronics hardware circuit boards (test targets).
- Scrum Master certification/experience.
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLY