Reagent Manufacturing Analytical Scientist (Shift)
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx is a high growth organisation. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
You will be working 24/7, 12 hour shifts from 7am to 7pm on a 2/3/2 shift pattern in a 365 day Manufacturing Operation. Please note that shift patterns and shift allowance will be dependent on business needs.
We are currently recruiting for a Reagent Manufacturing Shift Analytical Scientist to work within our reagent manufacturing department and be responsible for performing analytical test methods as required for all reagent manufacturing materials to assess their quality, performance and impact on final product performance and ensure delivery of consistently high quality assay reagents to production. You will also be responsible for investigation and improvements on existing test processes and supporting routine manufacture of reagents where required.
- Evaluate performance of raw and in-process materials at critical stages of manufacture and carry out final formulation testing to support manufacturing activities, work to established test specifications.
- Prepare process buffers and stock solutions to allow reagent manufacturing, testing and validation schedule to be met.
- Support preparation and manufacture of assay reagents safely, efficiently and in line with schedule and SOPs/WIs to meet strip production requirements.
- Carry out routine calibration, maintenance and running of laboratory and analytical equipment and support external supplier maintenance activities as required.
- Support the purchasing of appropriate equipment and the validation activities for the manufacture and testing of all reagents.
- Ensure raw material and consumable availability for new test methods, creating documentation where required and communicating with Supply Chain
- Execute validation and ongoing monitoring of analytical test methods and equipment.
- Support development and transfer of new analytical test methods for raw materials, intermediates and final manufactured assay reagents.
- Schedule routine calibration, maintenance and running of laboratory and analytical equipment and support external supplier maintenance activities as required.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with exceptional attention to detail and high level of skills in problem solving and a can do attitude, along with the following experience:
- Degree qualified in a relevant scientific discipline including Analytical Chemistry.
- Experience and strong knowledge of HPLC/UPLC, FCM, DLS, Rheology, MS, UV/Visible spectrophotometry, and related wet chemistry techniques.
- Experience working within a manufacturing laboratory following good lab practices and confidence to work without supervision.
- Ability to create and follow complex protocols and accurately complete batch records.
- Knowledge of GMP standards, including Validation protocols and Non-Conformances.
- Can work well within a group environment.
- Computer literacy and data analysis skills.
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts to support 24/7 manufacture.
- Commercial diagnostic assay experience.
- Knowledge of Nanoparticles and Antibody Conjugates.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Qualification.
- Experience in statistical analysis techniques.
- Knowledge and experience of working within a biohazard environment.
At LumiraDx, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. LumiraDx is committed to inclusion across race, colour, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or identity. We celebrate uniqueness and believe diversity drives innovation. LumiraDx seeks to deliver high quality, affordable medical diagnostics and healthcare services accessible to everyone around the world, and we wish to reflect a global multi-cultural approach across our business.
Please note, if you wish to submit an application for this role, please consider the following information
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you are an internal candidate, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, you may be subject to all or some of the LumiraDx standard pre-employment checks.
Criminal records data is processed as part of our recruitment and selection processes and, where necessary, in the course of employment, we verify that candidates are suitable for employment or continued employment to comply with legal and regulatory obligations to which the company is subject.
LumiraDx place a high level of importance on its responsibilities for information security and privacy and have put in place an information security management system to ensure that the company and its staff maintain the highest standards with respect to data protection and information security. All staff are responsible for information security and therefore must understand and comply with the Company information security policies, procedures and guidance.
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLY