Senior Scientist Reagents
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx is a high growth organisation. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Reagents Scientist to work within our reagents development group within research and development, developing of on-strip dry reagents for multiple assays on the LumiraDx platform.
This role is mainly hands on lab based but you will also lead a team of scientists and technicians in the development and preparation of reagents for LumiraDx assays. You will also be the main contact for reagents development for a given assay development team. This will involve planning and prioritising reagents development work to meet the needs of the assay development team and the project time lines. The role will also be permanent and ideally full time, but may consider part-time too.
- Lead the development of key reagent activities to optimise performance such as:
- Coupling chemistries used in preparation of antibody coated microparticles.
- Coupling chemistries used in preparation of fluorophore labelled conjugates.
- Lead the development of scaleable reagents processes and facilitate transfer to manufacturing.
- Lead the design, development and qualification of in process tests to track and trend performance of assay reagents.
- Design, execution and analysis, using statistical tools, of appropriate experiments for the purpose of assessing and improving assay reagents.
- Ensure that the developed reagents are tested to demonstrate they meet the required performance, stability and cost requirements for the assay platform incorporating Voice of Customer and Design for Manufacturing.
- Solve problems encountered during reagent and assay development innovatively and independently.
- Writing and communicating technical updates within the team and across the organisation.
- Ensure Design Control procedures are adhered to and that required reports and procedures are written.
- Input into validation and verification activities.
- Create and maintain quality records for the purpose of assessing and improving assay methodologies and documenting experiments.
- Ensuring you are trained on all appropriate procedures and training new personnel if and when required.
- Technically reviewing change controls and peer reviewing laboratory note books.
- Manage and develop scientists and technicians within the team.
- Plan and prioritise bodies of work to meet project deadlines taking into account the needs of multiple customers.
- Work according to GLP and Design Control.
- Collaborate within a one team ethos throughout R&D, scale up and transfer and manufacturing.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with exceptional attention to detail and high level of skills in problem solving and innovation, along with the following experience:
- Degree qualified in a relevant scientific discipline.
- Line management experience.
- Experience in protein and surface chemistry processes, protein to protein coupling, and protein to surface coupling.
- Experience and understanding of characterisation techniques used to assess performance of antibody conjugates and microparticles.
- Protein purification and analysis.
- Experience in the use of particle characterisation techniques e.g. flow cytometry, zeta sizer.
- Experience in the use of HPLC and FPLC (AKTA).
- Experience working in an IVD regulated environment,.
- Developing reagents as part of commercially launched products through CE marking or 510k regulatory pathways.
- Working knowledge of electrochemical and fluorescent methods.
- Experience and understanding of optimisation of reagent stability, assay performance and batch to batch variability.
- Experience and understanding of factors important in drying reagents for use in immunoassays.
- Experience in process scale up and characterization.
At LumiraDx, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. LumiraDx is committed to inclusion across race, colour, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or identity. We celebrate uniqueness and believe diversity drives innovation. LumiraDx seeks to deliver high quality, affordable medical diagnostics and healthcare services accessible to everyone around the world, and we wish to reflect a global multi-cultural approach across our business
Please note, if you wish to submit an application for this role, please consider the following information
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you are an internal candidate, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, you may be subject to all or some of the LumiraDx standard pre-employment checks.
Criminal records data is processed as part of our recruitment and selection processes and, where necessary, in the course of employment, we verify that candidates are suitable for employment or continued employment to comply with legal and regulatory obligations to which the company is subject.
LumiraDx place a high level of importance on its responsibilities for information security and privacy and have put in place an information security management system to ensure that the company and its staff maintain the highest standards with respect to data protection and information security. All staff are responsible for information security and therefore must understand and comply with the Company information security policies, procedures and guidance.
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLY