Senior Software DevOps Engineer
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx currently has over 900 employees worldwide. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
Maintaining and improving build and test infrastructure (comprising elements created by the software and hardware development teams) for the LumiraDx Point of Care (POC) instrument at various stages of the development lifecycle: for individual software subsystems, combined software/hardware subsystems, and the complete instrument, ensuring reliable and speedy operation of Continuous Integration systems.
Key areas of responsibility
- Manage CI and CD tools with team. These tools have both a software element and a hardware element. The hardware element is based on the hardware of the POC instrument.
- Design and implement build, deployment, continuous integration and configuration management systems
- Troubleshoot any issues with the CI systems to determine if the issue is due to a software issue, a hardware issue or is a configuration issue. This requires a good understanding of the hardware components of a POC instrument.
- Build and test automation tools for infrastructure provisioning
- Monitor metrics and develop ways to improve
- Provide technical guidance and educate team members and co-workers on development and operations
- Brainstorm new ideas and ways to improve development delivery
- Manage CI and CD tools with team
- Document and design various processes; update existing processes
- Create and store verification plans, protocols and results according to LumiraDx processes and in line with specified standards and regulations, e.g. IEC 62304, ISO 13485 or FDA 21CFR, part 820
- Ensure compliance with LumiraDx internal quality processes and ensure designs / ideas are compliant with appropriate international standards and guidelines (as above)
- Work as part of a Scrum team that is developing infrastructure for the software team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Suggest best practices for the Devops team
- Review and critique software QMS documentation developed by other team members (requirements, specifications, risk assessments, operating procedures)
- Work closely with developers and testers to understand features being developed and how they fit into the overall solution, and create the infrastructure needed to support them.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives by contributing to team retrospectives, and identifying opportunities and helping to implement them across the wider team
- Build up the team though mentoring, coaching, advising and encouraging other team members
- Assist with recruitment and training of new staff
- Degree qualified in Software Engineering, Electronic Engineering, or a closely related discipline.
- Experience of working with electronics hardware (test targets).
- Proven track record of hands-on experience of continuous integration, infrastructure, support or DevOps roles using Jenkins pipelines, git and Jira.
- Ability to use APIs, and write scripts to integrate them.
- Knowledge of Python and Groovy.
- Strong Linux knowledge.
- Some experience with one of the following: Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform.
- Experience of mentoring others or ScrumMaster certification/experience.
- Quickly understands the needs of a project and being able to ask good questions to fill in the gaps.
- Experience in test automation, preferably Gherkin.
- Experience of working in the medical device industry and the application of CE marking directives and applicable device standards.
- Practical experience of the product verification and validation cycle for a medical device.
- Experience of working to ISO 13485 or FDA 21CFR, part 820 (or similar).
- Experience of using Test, Requirements and source code Management Tools.
- Experience of using task tracking tools such as Jira or equivalent.
- Experience of Gerrit.
- Able to use design/debugging tools and instruments (e.g. oscilloscopes, multi-meters, logic analysers, JTAG, IAR IDE, Ethernet, RS232 and USB interfaces).
- Jira administration experience.
At LumiraDx, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. LumiraDx is committed to inclusion across race, colour, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or identity. We celebrate uniqueness and believe diversity drives innovation. LumiraDx seeks to deliver high quality, affordable medical diagnostics and healthcare services accessible to everyone around the world, and we wish to reflect a global multi-cultural approach across our business
Please note, if you wish to submit an application for this role, please consider the following information:
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you are an internal candidate, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, you may be subject to all or some of the LumiraDx standard pre-employment checks.Criminal records data is processed as part of our recruitment and selection processes and, where necessary, in the course of employment, we verify that candidates are suitable for employment or continued employment to comply with legal and regulatory obligations to which the company is subject.
LumiraDx place a high level of importance on its responsibilities for information security and privacy and have put in place an information security management system to ensure that the company and its staff maintain the highest standards with respect to data protection and information security. All staff are responsible for information security and therefore must understand and comply with the Company information security policies, procedures and guidance.
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLY