Eurocentral / Alloa
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx is a high growth organization. We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
Role & Responsibilities
- Working with Operations Director create and deploy production strategy to drive continuous improvement in people, processes and procedures to drive tangible improvements in production performance.
- Set production department objectives and key process indicators (KPIs) and set up and manage performance review process.
- Manage teams to delivery daily goals in HS&E, Quality, Cost and Delivery
- Ensure overall capacity (people, materials & equipment) is in place for production and proactively manage resource planning.
- Use best practice approaches to continuous improvement and problem solving and ensure all solutions are robust.
- Work with New Product Introduction teams to ensure effective design transfer into production.
- Lead and be a role model in setting the standard for HS&E and Quality compliance.
- Take accountability to ensure the production area is compliant to all relevant HS&E regulations and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors.
- Ensure the production area is always audit ready from a HS&E and Quality Management System perspective.
- Ensure effective daily communications with the production team and at cross-functional daily production performance reviews.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with peers and internal and external stakeholders.
- As part of a management team work collaboratively with peers to deliver results and drive continuous improvement in all that we do.
- Use innovative best practice approaches to communications.
- Build organisational capability by hiring and retaining talent to meet business goals.
- Champion the ongoing training, learning and development of all production staff.
- Acting as a role model, develop a culture of empowerment, inclusion and engagement.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to team as required to support the delivery of goals.
- Effectively manage staff performance reviews to ensure staff receive clear, concise and actionable feedback.
- Achieve budget to meet objectives.
- Be a change agent and positive role model.
- A self-starter, motivated and able to positively motivate others.
- Focused and goal driven with a can-do attitude and passion for continuous improvement.
- Be resilient and anticipate and overcomes obstacles.
- Demonstrate the ability to solve problems under conditions of uncertainty and ambiguity and be able to think strategically in times of pressure to drive toward the best solutions.
- Take ownership and demonstrate high levels of personal accountability and embraces personal challenge.
- Be very self-aware.
- Ensure positive, productive and proactive relationships with your team and a range of internal and external peers and stakeholders.
- Able to create clear plans and organise work in accordance with the overall objectives and required timelines.
- Able to travel between company sites as needed (not expected to be frequent)
- Proven experience in relation to Lean Manufacturing and can demonstrate the ability to identify and implement Continuous Improvement activities and solutions
- Proven operational leader in a fast pace complex manufacturing environment (ideally medical devices or life sciences)
- Experience of leading in a 365/24/7 environment
- Able to grow and develop high performing teams at pace
- Able to analyse complex problems and be able use their significant experience to present solutions beyond existing options
- Experience in using and improving Quality Management Systems
- Experience in Non-Conformance and CAPA management
- Ability to manage external suppliers/technical partners
- Lean and/or Six-Sigma qualification
- Experience of large scale automated production operations
- IOSH or NBOSH qualification
- Some experience in engineering or science disciplines
- Experience in setting up training systems
To apply for this role, please click on the APPLY button to upload your details.